Sunday 9 December 2018

After (After #1) by Anna Todd

After - 4 Stars

Synopsis

Tessa is a good girl with a sweet, reliable boyfriend back home. She’s got direction, ambition, and a mother who’s intent on keeping her that way.

But she’s barely moved into her freshman dorm when she runs into Hardin. With his tousled brown hair, cocky British accent, tattoos, and lip ring, Hardin is cute and different from what she’s used to.

But he’s also rude—to the point of cruelty, even. For all his attitude, Tessa should hate Hardin. And she does—until she finds herself alone with him in his room. Something about his dark mood grabs her, and when they kiss it ignites within her a passion she’s never known before.

He’ll call her beautiful, then insist he isn't the one for her and disappear again and again. Despite the reckless way he treats her, Tessa is compelled to dig deeper and find the real Hardin beneath all his lies. He pushes her away again and again, yet every time she pushes back, he only pulls her in deeper.

Tessa already has the perfect boyfriend. So why is she trying so hard to overcome her own hurt pride and Hardin’s prejudice about nice girls like her?

Unless…could this be love?

Now newly revised and expanded, Anna Todd’s After fanfiction racked up 1 billion reads online and captivated readers across the globe. Experience the Internet’s most talked-about book for yourself!

There was the time before Tessa met Hardin, and then there’s everything AFTER ... Life will never be the same.

Review

I did like this, why I liked it, I am not 100% sure. I saw this book floating around on Booktube and it was recommended by several people that I trust. But I have been putting this off for sometime because apart from one tune I am not a big fan of Harry Styles and the rest of One Direction. So when I was informed this was 1D fanfic I was put off a little. But I was in the mood for romance and decided to give this a try. I was also glad that 1D did not feature in this book at all. I don't mind 1D that much but I don't love them either. I enjoyed it and it kept me hooked for the first 50% but then things happened in my personal life and that caused the a really bad reading slump. I am now out of the slump and back to reading. I finished the last part this week and wow a cliff-hanger. Not a fan of those, sometimes I like them, other times I don't. This was one occasion were I did not like it. I knew that something was up but could not fully put my finger on it. I will be reading the 2nd part in the near future, but not straight away. The writing style was not bad for a debut author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson

Undead Girl Gang - 4.25 Stars Synopsis Mila Flores and her best friend Riley have always been inseparable. There's not much exc...