Monday 28 August 2017

The Deal by Elle Kennedy

The Deal - 4.5 Stars

Synopsis

Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she's carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush's attention, she'll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice...even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date.

...and it's going to be oh so good

All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he's worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he's all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn't take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn't going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.


Review
4.5 Stars. I really enjoyed this book. I am a huge fan of Erin Watt and the two authors series "The Royals", which is my all my time favourite series. When I finished reading When It's Real, I wanted to read more by these authors. So I looked through good reads and was intrigued by Elle Kennedys "Off Campus" Series. It took me a little while to fully get myself immersed into the story. But that was down to me and not the story. I had several books on my TBR that I just purchased that I needed to read ASAP, to avoid spoilers. When I finally got to pick this book up, I flew through the story.

The story follows Hannah Wells, who is at college majoring in music and just wants to get on with life. She also wants to get together with the hot new football player Justin. But Justin does not notice Hannah, so she spends her time just watching and longing for him. Hannah believes her love life will not improve so she just goes with. That all changes when she and her Ethics class take a mid term exam and she is the only one to pass. She not only gets an "A" but she also gets the attention of Garrett Graham the colleges hot and mega popular Captain of the Hockey Team. Garrett tries to persuade Hannah to tutor him for the makeup exam because if he fails he's off the team. So he offers Hannah a deal. She will help him pass the exam and he will help her get it together with Justin. Hannah reluctantly accepts and this is where our story takes flight.

I loved the two main characters they made me laugh, cry and smile. They are both broken and need assistance to mend. If you are looking for a cute, quick, some time smutty romance, then this book is for you. All fans of Erin Watt and the Royals series will love this book. Cannot wait to go onto book 2 "The Mistake". I am looking forward to reading about the rest of the team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson

Undead Girl Gang - 4.25 Stars Synopsis Mila Flores and her best friend Riley have always been inseparable. There's not much exc...